WICHITA STATE (8-8, 0-3) at #23/RV FLORIDA ATLANTIC (13-4, 3-1) Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Topshock View Post
    Why all the negativity on NIL. This is an opportunity. Armchair is just a small cog in our NIL machine. We can absolutely compete for players in a way we never could in the past.
    It’s not negativity…it’s trying to figure out how WSU reacts to it all and how much our NIL actually can compete with. We all have heard so little about what is going on….some are hesitant to donate unless they see and hear what the possibilities are. This is now not a “new” situation or question.

Comment

• Eldridge's Eagle game story:

Palm Beach Daily News:
      The Owls (14-4, 3-1 AAC) trailed for over 33 minutes before a flurry of threes in clutch time lifted them past the Shockers (8-9, 0-3).
      Rip em up, Tear em up, Give em HELL Shockers!

Comment

• Originally posted by Singeril View Post

It’s not negativity…it’s trying to figure out how WSU reacts to it all and how much our NIL actually can compete with. We all have heard so little about what is going on….some are hesitant to donate unless they see and hear what the possibilities are. This is now not a “new” situation or question.
        Yea .. black hole "investment" combined with a very very underwhelming recruiting class doesn't lend people to open their wallets. Right now you have no idea where your money is going and the results that are supposed to come from investing aren't good. That's not a good strategy. You could probably get away with one or the other happening, but not both.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockrah View Post
          Golden boy flops all over!
          I thought the refs were supposed to do something about that?
          "Long wave the Yellow and the Black..."

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockHat View Post
            To me ignoring stats, Ballard seemed the far more effective player last night. Whenever he and Cortes were in together, we seemed to go on a pretty good run. Think Ballard was getting gassed though with the load he was carrying.

obviously we didn’t do our job rebounding as a team. Same issue with turnovers happens (bell and Beverly), I’m just coming to accept them now. It’s a talent issue at this point.
            An old golf term is appropriate…

LOFT
            "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by Singeril View Post
              No matter the many words we spill here, recruitment and the nature of this team (and any team anywhere) is all going to come down to money. When you see the amount of money being thrown around via the various NIL, we will see our chances of getting “quality players” dependent on how much money WSU’s NIL is willing to throw around. The coach can only work with the talent in front of him…and that is provided you have a coach that is good enough to work with them. None of us knows what we can do in this new environment….but, it hasn’t looked good to this point…and, I’m greatly concerned about things going forward in the new environment. I know it is football, but when I read that Sanders at Colorado is getting $4,000,000 to play college football and to sell himself to the NIL, I am concerned about how all of this will continue to spread. We have not really been in the competition for the 4-5 star athletes…but will we even be able to compete for 2-3 stars?
              Your best post. I've said before I think our most important pieces for next year are QB, KP and maybe Rogers. Maintain THEM and build around. As far as I am concerned we should try very hard to keep them and recruit over all the rest. We need BOTH QB and KP as good centers are hard to find and the two together are probably the strength of our team plus you can still sprinkle in KP at PF with DR graduating. I'd like a SF who can make north of 45% and 35% from deep plus play D and take care of the darn ball. Obviously, another TRUE PG would be nice.

Comment

• Props to Bijan on his hair choice last night.

Comment

• Something that stood out to me last night was the difference in speed. FAU was fast, both with their feet and their hands. It seems like they had a hand on everything, disrupting the Shockers, especially during the last six and a half minutes of the game.

Comment

• Originally posted by LoneStar48 View Post
                    Something that stood out to me last night was the difference in speed. FAU was fast, both with their feet and their hands. It seems like they had a hand on everything, disrupting the Shockers, especially during the last six and a half minutes of the game.
                    Yes!!! They were very fast , coupled with a purpose!

Comment

• Originally posted by LoneStar48 View Post
                      Something that stood out to me last night was the difference in speed. FAU was fast, both with their feet and their hands. It seems like they had a hand on everything, disrupting the Shockers, especially during the last six and a half minutes of the game.
                      That's what's mostly stuck out to me the entire season. Specifically in games we played against the good teams. We are a step slow and react slow. KP isn't the only one wearing concrete shoes.
                      FINAL FOURS:
                      1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                      1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                      Number of Times Ranked: 157
                      Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                      Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                      Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                      #3 - Dec. 2017
                      #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                      #2 ~ March 2014
                      Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Working...
                      X